We have reserved a block of single rooms at the rate of 65 euros (+ 8% VAT) including breakfast at the Hotel Tryp Alondras. The cut-off date is September 4, 2011. To reserve a room, please write to Mr. Joaquín Pérez and include "SRDS room reservation" in the subject of your message. UPDATE The Hotel Tryp Alondras is currently closed for renovation and will open on Sep 5, 2011. An automatic email message has been sent to whom has tried to contact Mr. Joaquin Perez. Your emails will be attended as soon as the hotel opens and the cut-off date to reserve a room has been postponed.
Another option is the the Hotel NH Bretón. Rooms are on hold until September 4, 2011. To reserve a room, please fill in this form, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "SRDS room reservation" in the subject of your message. The rate of a single room is 80.00 euros (+ 8% VAT). Double room rate is 88.00 euros (+ 8% VAT). Breakfast is included in the rate.
We also have a block of single/double rooms at at the Residencia de Estudiantes of the CSIC. The cut-off date is September 4, 2011. To reserve a room, please write to email@example.com and include "SRDS room reservation" in the subject of your message. The rate of a single room is 65.95 euros. Double room rate is 111.44 euros. Breakfast is 7.20 euros.
The following hotels are within walking distance from the conference venue (no special rate/reservation has been arranged):
We would be happy to send you a visa support letter if you need one to attend SRDS. However, note that we can send you the letter only after you have registered. Please email Claudio Soriente (csoriente [at] fi [dot] upm [dot] es) with the following details:
- Email address
- Mailing address (the letter will have this address on it)
- Mention whether you are going to present a paper. If so please also send the title of your paper.
- Let us know how you want us to send the letter: (i) Fax: Please send us your fax number, (ii) By post: Please send us the address, or (iii) By email: We will send a scanned PDF of the letter.
From Madrid - Barajas International Airport you have the following options to reach the conference center:
- Metro: A ride from the airport costs 2 euros and it takes around 20. Take a look at the metro map.
- Taxi: A ride costs around 30 euros and it takes roughly 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Bus: A bus connects Atocha train station to the airport every 15 minutes during the day and every 30 minutes at night. A ride costs 2 euros and it takes 40 minutes, depending on traffic.